Get creative with yogurt because it's good for you
Although we like to use it, yogurt is not just for breakfast. In fact, we use it in everything because it is absolutely good for you. Whether it's giving a rich depth to a sauce or for a smooth piece of chicken, yogurt is indispensable in our healthy fridge. We love Greek yogurt with no added sugars or dyes.
Yogurt has proven health benefits. That is why it is an important ingredient in Jolliette's kitchen. Yogurt is rich in protein, calcium, phosphorus and B vitamins. But beware, not all yogurt is created equal, and some choices are definitely better than others. No-sugar yogurt undoubtedly has two thumbs up. In our breakfasts we made an Instagram-worthy yogurt parfait with fruit coulis with natural sugar substitute and a low-sugar granola.
Yogurt is extremely versatile and is not only suitable for breakfast. We are already sharing some samples of our yogurt creations:
- Asparagus with scallops in a delicious sauce based on Greek yogurt and pasta primavera
- Smoked salmon with yogurt-dill sauce
- Yogurt chicken curry
- Potato salad
- Indian naan
Think of yogurt as the base for just about anything and everything. Don't be afraid to be creative.
- For a delicious tzatziki sauce, combine 1 whole peeled cucumber diced, 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon dill, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir the mixture into 3 cups of Greek yogurt. Serve as a sauce or dip.
- Substitute yogurt in recipes that call for mayonnaise. Examples: For tuna salad, use half yogurt and half mayonnaise. For extra spice, add any of the following to taste: Dijon mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, diced pickles, or red onion.
- For a creamy honey-mustard dressing or marinade, mix 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons mustard, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.