Strawberries: Jolliette's best summer friend
Strawberries are an indispensable part of Jolliette's summer kitchen. Because they are very healthy, full of flavor and low in calories. This summer we will serve delicious strawberry creations, with some nice strawberry dishes. With this we get the best out of this delicious summer fruit. We would also like to give some strawberry tips that you can apply yourself.
Strawberries may be small, but they are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and plant nutrients, with antioxidant properties. They get their bright red color from anthocyanins that help improve memory and have an anti-inflammatory effect. The amino acids in strawberries help protect the body against aging and disease. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C for a strong immune system and are high in manganese to build resilient bones. They contain fiber to help control weight and folic acid to support cell and tissue growth. We need that, don't we?
Strawberries in the kitchen
Strawberries go well with basil, arugula, mint, chocolate, yogurt, ice champagne, tomatoes. A classic trick is to drizzle them with a few drops of high-quality balsamic vinegar. Below we give you a few tips from Jolliette's kitchen.
Ideas from Jolliette
- Make a berry salad of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, topped with a honey-lime dressing.
- For a refreshing summer salad, add strawberries and nuts to a green salad and serve with a balsamic vinaigrette of Jolliette's strawberry jam.
- Roast strawberries in the oven with a hint of honey for waffles, pancakes and ice cream.
- Combine strawberries and rhubarb and add to your tarts.
- Mix strawberries and vegetable cream with basil leaves or black pepper to enhance the strawberry flavor.