RECIPE: Jolliette's carrot soup
If you love a flavorful bowl of soup, this recipe will deliver on all fronts. This bowl of soup also gives you 1 of your 3 necessary servings of vegetables per day. The warm herbs, in combination with lemon will surprise you in the best possible way. The first time I made this soup was to use up the abundance of carrots I had in the house. I had cooked carrots for soup so many times before, but once tried roasting them first. The result was great!
500 grams of carrots
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove of garlic
1 small potato
1 liter vegetable stock
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon vadouvan
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon zest grated
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Peel and cut the carrot into large chunks.
- Rub the carrots in olive oil and salt.
- Roast the carrots at 250°C for 45 minutes.
- Peel and chop the shallot and the garlic. Saute the shallot and garlic in olive oil.
- Cut the potato into small cubes.
- Add the stock, salt, carrots and potato cubes to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then add the bay leaves and turmeric and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Season with lemon juice and zest.
- Add a little vegetable cream. Mix until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley, pink peppercorns and pumpkin seeds.