RECIPE: Grilled romaine lettuce with an avocado and lime dressing
If you've never grilled lettuce before, we certainly don't blame you. Try our romaine lettuce with a delicious taste on the grill. Nice and crispy, with browned ruffled edges. Tender inside, yet crunchy. With a creamy dressing made from avocado, cherry tomatoes and a delicious piece of grilled chicken or fish, the evening is a complete success.
½ half ripe avocado
5 tablespoons buttermilk
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
3 hearts romaine lettuce
1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Puree the avocado, buttermilk, lime juice, oil, cumin and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Grease the grill grate.
- Cut the lettuce hearts in half lengthwise.
- Grill the lettuce, cut side down, until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with the dressing, tomatoes and pepper.