RECIPE: Vegetable curry with turmeric, coconut (and chicken)
We often don't have much time to spend in the kitchen. Then we like to make something healthy that is ready in a fraction of a time. This vegetable dish is lightly seasoned with Indian spices and is ready within 30 minutes. I usually try to keep the ingredients simple. But if you love Indian food, you'll definitely want to have turmeric on hand for future meals. The yellow spice does more than add color to your food.
How to make this vegetable curry with turmeric, coconut and (chicken)
Most Indian recipes have a long list of ingredients, even if they are fairly simple recipes. But I did my best to keep it as simple as possible.
1 tablespoon avocado oil
4 chicken thigh fillets, diced (omit if vegetarian)
1 red onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped ginger (can be omitted)
1.5 tbsp ground turmeric 1.5 tbsp ground cumin (can be omitted)
0.5 tbsp ground cardamom (can be omitted)
1 broccoli cut into pieces
1/4 savoy cabbage finely chopped
200 ml coconut milk
1 cube of chicken stock
1 lemon squeezed
Finish with chopped coriander and pomegranate
- Start preparing all your ingredients before cooking.
- Fry the chicken, remove it from the pan and set it aside until the end of the cooking time.
- Then sauté the onion until it starts to soften before adding the ginger and garlic.
- Then add the spices to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with the coconut milk and stock.
- Simmer until tender, then add the shredded Savoy cabbage at the end of the cooking time.
- Season with salt and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander and pomegranate if desired.
Serve with rice. Make it extra healthy and use brown rice.